File a Banking or Savings Institution Complaint

​​​​​​​​The Division of Banking investigates complaints involving alleged violations of state statutes related to state-chartered banks, savings banks, or savings associations.

To file a state-chartered banking or savings institution complaint, use any of the options below:

  • Submit your complaint electronically by using this online form​. Use this option if you don't have attachments to file with your complaint.
  • Submit your complaint via email by using this online email template to ​email your complaint​. You may attach supporting documents to your email.
  • Submit your complaint via postal mail by using this standard complaint form (Form BCA500).

External Financial Complaint Link

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) handles complaints against national banks, federal savings banks, and federal savings and loan associations at To determine whether the financial institution is state-chartered or federally-chartered, look up the bank on our Find a Bank page. If the bank is federally-chartered, then contact the OCC Customer Assistance Group for assistance using the following contact information.

OCC Customer Assistance Group
Phone: (800) 613-6743
Fax: (713) 336-4301
Hours: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Eastern, Monday-Friday

Mailing Address:

OCC Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010

​Contact ​Us​

Phone: (608) 261-7578
Mailing Address:

Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Banking
PO Box 7876
Madison, WI 53707-7876
Physical Address:
Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Banking
4822 Madison Yards Way, North Tower
Madison, WI 53705